4 people are attending Explosives Detection Course
This is a comprehensive hands-on 200 hours (5 weeks) Explosives Detection K9 Handler Course that combines classroom study and practical application. This course will provide training in the areas of Obedience and Explosives Detection. Each attendee will have an opportunity to certify with their dogs as a team.
*Enrollment in this course is based on current availability of dog.
Areas of Enrollment for this course:
- Explosives Detection Only
- A student will use what they are taught to handle and continue training a bomd dog upon leaving training.
- A student will apply what they have been taught in this course to maintain a level of proficiency in their explosives detection dog team operations to be deemed reliable in court.
- A student will apply their knowledge to maintain a police working dog.
- A student will use techniques taught in this course to effectively handle deployment as an explosives detection K9 Team.
- COURSE COST
- Equipment & Dog Included
- Lodging: Available at additional cost
- STUDENT TYPES
- US Veteran – GI Bill
- Law Enforcement/Government
- Others May Attend Upon Approval
- Over 12 Hours of Classroom Instruction that includes:
- Record Keeping
- Training Needs Assessment
- Canine Nutrition
- First Aid
- Emergency Vet Care
- Canine Behavior, Modification, Handling Techniques
- Kennel Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Obedience Training
- Explosives Detection Dog Training
- Search Techniques
- Proficiency Training
- Training Aid Storage, Maintenance, and Accountability
- Properties of Scent
- Will Combine Theory (rules, ideas, principles, and techniques) and Practical Skill
- Objectives that the student trainer must learn and demonstrate by:
- Organized Based on a Curriculum
- Written Exams
- Practical Exercise Exams