This is a comprehensive hands-on 240 hours K9 Handler Course that combines classroom study and practical application. This course provide may training in the areas of Obedience, Drug Detection, Explosives Detection, Tracking, Article Search, and Patrol. Each attendee will have an opportunity to certify with their dog as a full service team.
*Enrollment in this course is based on current availability of dog.
Areas of Enrollment for this course:
- Patrol Dog Only
- Explosives Detection & Patrol
- Drug Detection & Patrol
- Explosives Detection, Tracking & Patrol
- Drug Detection, Tracking, & Patrol
- A student will use what they are taught to handle and continue training a full service dog upon leaving training.
- A student will apply what they have been taught in this course to maintain a level of proficiency in their full service dog team operations to be deemed reliable in court.
- A student will apply their knowledge to maintain a police working dog.
- A student will use techniques taught in this course to effectively handle and deploy as a full service dog team.
- COURSE COST
- Tuition: $12,000.00
- Equipment & Dog Included
- Lodging: Available at additional cost
- STUDENT TYPES
- VA Student – GI Bill
- Law Enforcement/Government Personnel
- Others May Attend Upon Approval
- Over 20 Hours of Classroom Instruction that includes:
- Record Keeping
- Training Needs Assessment
- Canine Nutrition
- First Aid
- Emergency Vet Care
- Canine Behavior, Modification, Handling Techniques
- Decoy Techniques
- Kennel Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Obedience Training
- Tracking Dog Training
- Drug Detection Dog Training
- Agression & Control Training
- Search Techniques
- Proficiency Training
- Training Aid Storage, Maintenance, and Accountability
- Properties of Scent
- Will Combine Theory (rules, ideas, principles, and techniques) and Practical Skill
- Objectives that the student trainer must learn and demonstrate by:
- Organized Based on a Curriculum
- Written Exams
- Practical Exercise Exams