Custom Canine Unlimited utilizes the most comprehensive and reliable training methods in training our tracking dogs. Our dogs are trained to use all aspects of a scent picture to locate the missing person or suspect in the quickest way possible. We enhance K-9 Handler safety and increase reliability within the training program of each dog.
Custom Canine Unlimited trains some of the world's most reliable tracking dogs and tracking dog handlers. We maintain a great selection of reliable trained tracking dogs at all times. We ensure all of our drug dogs are trained to the highest standards using our "Reliability Program" and our tracking dog handler training prepares each handler for the “Real-World”.
Trained Tracking Dogs
Each of our tracking dogs are trained to track a scent picture that consists of Human Odor, Reinforcing Scents, and Ecological Odor. Each dog is sure about the trained odors and commit fully to following those odors until it is unavailable. The surety each dog has in the trained odors provides us the ability to urban track and hard surface track within a basic handler course with great success.
Tracking Dog Handler Training
Our tracking dog handler courses are unsurpassed by industry standards. Each course provides theory, practical exercise, and testing to prepare the K-9 team to be “road ready” at the conclusion of their course. The team concept behind our tracking dog success is foundational behind the belief we need to teach each handler how to track rather than teach him or her to just hold the leash and follow the dog. Our developed and proven curriculum is packed with non-stop working where down time is minimized and training is maximized. We test a team in training so that they don’t make the mistakes on the road. We attempt to uncover problems in training rather than avoid them.
Our Courses are Approved
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (SCCJA)
- Illinois Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Education Benefits
Custom Canine Unlimited maintains an active licenses with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) to provide our clients with the most reliable and highest quality drug detection and explosives detection training available.
Our “Reliability Program” has been developed over our years of working dogs in the “real world." This extensive law enforcement and military experience, working dogs and training dog handlers for that environment has led us to uncover many faults in training. Nothing is worse than a dog or dog team that is great in training, but cannot deploy reliably in the field. Our “Reliability Program” attacks these issues 3 ways:
- Dog Selection: Selecting the proper dog for the task at hand is essential. The dog's drive, characteristics,and health are vital elements of the process. As much of a science as an art, we use our extensive working and training knowledge to hand select each of our dogs. We do not broker dogs.
- Dog Training: Training a dog foundational with science and experience at the core is vital in this phase. We set each dog up for success and then we test each dog in an attempt to uncover issues so that we may fix these issues. We fully understand there is no perfect dog.
- Dog Handler Training: Knowledge must flow down the leash not up it. Therefore, each handler must be taught and tested in the skills they will be required to apply in the field. Without being taught the knowledge, the handler will fail, but without the handler being tested they will never know how strong they are and they will never grow. Our handler training is developed around this principle.
Core Training Values
- Teach on a developed curriculum that is thought out and developed to maximize training time and potential.
- Include a manual of the full details on what will be trained.
- Provide a full warranty.
- Ensure record keeping of each course to reduce liability.
- Fill-in-the-blank test that requires us to teach the material and the student to learn it.
- Practical exercises that test each student in the field with the mindset of uncovering problems in training.
See Our Top-Rated Products & Services