Become a Drug Dog Handler & Start the Career of a Lifetime!
Custom Canine Unlimited trains high drive single-purpose dogs for reliable drug detection. We prepare some of the world’s most reliable drug dogs and handlers. A readily available selection of reliable, trained drug dogs are always at our facility. We ensure all of our drug dogs are trained to the highest standards using our “Reliability Program,” and our drug dog handler training prepares each handler for the “Real-World.”
Trained Drug Dogs
Our drug dogs are trained to detect marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, and heroin, with the option to be trained with a passive or aggressive alert. Each dog is trained to detect drugs in vehicles, open areas, lockers, luggage, and packages.
Custom Canine Unlimited does not place a dog in a client’s hands without understanding the client’s needs and preparing the K9 to meet those needs.
Drug Dog Handler Training
Our drug dog handler courses are unsurpassed by industry standards. Each course provides theory, practical exercise, and testing to prepare the K9 team to be “road ready”. Our proven curriculum is packed with non-stop work to minimize downtime and maximize training. The teams in training are thoroughly tested, so they don’t make mistakes on the road.
Our Courses are Approved
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (SCCJA)
- Illinois Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Education Benefits
Custom Canine Unlimited maintains an active license with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to provide our clients with the most reliable and highest quality drug detection training.
Core Training Values
Each of our courses is developed with a Core Value System to ensure that each dog and student is trained to apply what they learn in “real life. These Core Values include:
- Teaching a developed curriculum that is designed to maximize training time
- Include a manual with the full details on training material
- Provide a full warranty
- Ensure record keeping of each course to reduce liability
- Fill-in-the-blank test requires the student to learn the material
- Practical exercises test each student in the field by uncovering problems in training
Our “Reliability Program” has been developed over our years of working with dogs in the “real world.”
This extensive law enforcement and military experience, working dogs, and training dog handlers for that environment have led us to uncover many faults in training. Nothing is worse than a dog or team that is great in training but cannot deploy reliably in the field. Our “Reliability Program” attacks these issues in three ways:
- Dog Selection: Selecting the proper dog for the task at hand is essential. The dog’s drive, characteristics, and health are vital elements of the process. As much of a science as an art, we use our extensive working and training knowledge to hand-select each of our dogs. We do not broker dogs.
- Dog Training: Dog training based on science and experience is vital in this phase. We set each dog up for success, and then we test each dog to uncover issues so that we can fix these issues. We fully understand there is no perfect dog.
- Dog Handler Training: Knowledge must flow down the leash, not up it. Each handler is taught and tested in the skills required to succeed in the field. Without knowledge, the handler will fail. If the handler is not tested, they will never know their strengths and weaknesses. Our handler training is developed around this principle.
Contact us today to register for our next course!