Patrol Dog Training
Custom Canine Unlimited utilizes the most comprehensive and reliable training methods in training our patrol dogs with the heaviest focus placed on control. Case law is clear that a patrol dog must be under control. Our dogs are trained to incorporated the highest standards of case law and industry standards to ensure "road ready" dogs. We believe that pushing a dog in training will minimize failures in deployment and reduce liability for our departments.
Custom Canine Unlimited trains some of the world's most reliable patrol dogs and patrol dog handlers. We maintain a great selection of reliable dual purpose dogs at all times that remain in training until placed with a handler.
Trained Patrol Dogs
Our dual purpose dogs are trained to the highest standards of patrol dogs to ensure they are ready for deployment in the real world. This takes knowledge, experience, and dedication to a well-developed training plan. Developing a dual purpose dog in all facets of the necessary drives to be successful: Prey, Hunt, Defense, and Fight. Our patrol dogs are trained in the areas of Control, Gun Fire, Tactical Obedience, Area Search, Building Search, and Apprehension. Drug Detection or Explosives Detection and tracking training may be added training for these dogs' training.
Purchase these dogs trained or pair them with your next handler and enroll in an upcoming handler course.
Patrol Dog Handler Training
Our patrol dog handler courses are unsurpassed by industry standards. Each course provides theory, practical exercises, and testing in the classroom and in the field to truly prepare the K-9 team to be “road ready” at the conclusion of their course. The team concept behind our patrol dog's success is fundamentally behind the belief we need to take time and teach each handler to a set standard. Our developed and proven curriculum is packed with non-stop training opportunity: K9 Record Keeping, Kennel Maintenance, Grooming, First Aid, Maintenance Training Techniques, Decoy Training, and Practical Deployment Training where down time is minimized and training is maximized. We test a team in training so that they don’t make the mistakes on the road. We attempt to uncover problems in training rather than avoid them.
Our Courses are Approved
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (SCCJA)
- Illinois Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Education Benefits
Custom Canine Unlimited maintains an active licenses with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) to provide our clients with the most reliable and highest quality drug detection and explosives detection training available.
Our “Reliability Program” has been developed over our years of working dogs in the “real world." This extensive law enforcement and military experience, working dogs and training dog handlers for that environment has led us to uncover many faults in training. Nothing is worse than a dog or dog team that is great in training, but cannot deploy reliably in the field. Our “Reliability Program” attacks these issues 3 ways:
- Dog Selection: Selecting the proper dog for the task at hand is essential. The dog's drive, characteristics,and health are vital elements of the process. As much of a science as an art, we use our extensive working and training knowledge to hand select each of our dogs. We do not broker dogs.
- Dog Training: Training a dog foundational with science and experience at the core is vital in this phase. We set each dog up for success and then we test each dog in an attempt to uncover issues so that we may fix these issues. We fully understand there is no perfect dog.
- Dog Handler Training: Knowledge must flow down the leash not up it. Therefore, each handler must be taught and tested in the skills they will be required to apply in the field. Without being taught the knowledge, the handler will fail, but without the handler being tested they will never know how strong they are and they will never grow. Our handler training is developed around this principle.
Core Training Values
- Teach on a developed curriculum that is thought out and developed to maximize training time and potential.
- Include a manual of the full details on what will be trained.
- Provide a full warranty.
- Ensure record keeping of each course to reduce liability.
- Fill-in-the-blank test that requires us to teach the material and the student to learn it.
- Practical exercises that test each student in the field with the mindset of uncovering problems in training.