Custom Canine Unlimited explosives detection dogs are high drive, single-purpose dogs that are trained for explosives detection. We train some of the worlds most reliable explosives dogs (EDD) and explosives dog handlers. We maintain a great selection of reliably trained bomb dogs for sale at all times. All of our EDD dogs are trained to the highest standards using our "Reliability Program" and our explosives dog handler training prepare each handler for the “real-world".
Trained Explosives Dogs
Each of our explosives dogs are trained to detect all industry standard odors (may supply list upon request) with a passive alert. We also train each dog to detect explosives concealed in vehicles, open areas, lockers, luggage and packages. We will not place a dog in the hands of a client without having a thorough understanding of the client's needs and preparing each specific dog to meet those needs.
Explosives Dog Handler Training
Our Courses are Approved
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (SCCJA)
- Illinois Peace Officer Standards & Training (P.O.S.T.)
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs Education Benefits
Custom Canine Unlimited maintains an active license with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) to provide our clients with the most reliable and highest quality explosives detection training available.
Our “Reliability Program” has been developed over our years of working dogs in the “real world." This extensive law enforcement and military experience, working dogs and training dog handlers for that environment has led us to uncover many faults in training. Nothing is worse than a dog or dog team that is great in training, but cannot deploy reliably in the field. Our “Reliability Program” attacks these issues 3 ways:
- Dog Selection: Selecting the proper dog for the task at hand is essential. The dog's drive, characteristics,and health are vital elements of the process. As much of a science as an art, we use our extensive working and training knowledge to hand select each of our dogs. We do not broker dogs.
- Dog Training: Training a dog foundational with science and experience at the core is vital in this phase. We set each dog up for success and then we test each dog in an attempt to uncover issues so that we may fix these issues. We fully understand there is no perfect dog.
- Dog Handler Training: Knowledge must flow down the leash not up it. Therefore, each handler must be taught and tested in the skills they will be required to apply in the field. Without being taught the knowledge, the handler will fail, but without the handler being tested they will never know how strong they are and they will never grow. Our handler training is developed around this principle.
Core Training Values
Each of our courses are developed with a Core Value System to ensure that each dog and student is trained with the purpose of them applying what they learn in “real life. These Core Values include:
- Teach on a developed curriculum that is thought out and developed to maximize training time and potential.
- Include a manual of the full details on what will be trained.
- Provide a full warranty.
- Ensure record keeping of each course to reduce liability.
- Fill-in-the-blank test that requires us to teach the material and the student to learn it.
- Practical exercises that test each student in the field with the mindset of uncovering problems in training.