Become an Explosives Dog Handler with CCU’s Course
Custom Canine Unlimited’s Explosives Detection Dogs are high-drive, single-purpose dogs trained for explosives detection. We train some of the world’s most reliable EDDs and explosives dog handlers. We offer a great selection of reliably trained bomb dogs for sale. All of our EDD dogs are trained to the highest standards utilizing our “Reliability Program” and our Explosives Dog Handler Course. This prepares both handler and K9 for the “real-world.”
Each of our EDDs detect all industry-standard odors (may supply list upon request) with a passive alert. We also train each dog to detect explosives concealed in vehicles, open areas, lockers, luggage, and packages. We will not place a dog in a client’s hands without understanding the client’s needs and preparing the K9 to meet those needs.
Explosives Dog Handler Training
Our Courses are Approved
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST.)
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (SCCJA)
- Illinois Peace Officer Standards & Training (POST.)
- US Department of Veteran Affairs Education Benefits
Custom Canine Unlimited maintains an active license with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms (ATF) to provide our clients with the most reliable and highest quality explosives detection training.
Our “Reliability Program” has been developed over our years of working with dogs in the “real world.” This extensive law enforcement and military experience, working dogs, and training dog handlers for that environment have led us to uncover many faults in training. Nothing is worse than a dog or team that is great in training but cannot deploy reliably in the field. Our “Reliability Program” attacks these issues in three ways:
- Dog Selection: Selecting the proper dog for the task at hand is essential. The dog’s drive, characteristics, and health are vital elements of the process. As much of a science as an art, we use our extensive working and training knowledge to hand-select each of our dogs. We do not broker dogs.
- Dog Training: Training a dog foundational with science and experience at the core is vital in this phase. We set each dog up for success, and then we test each dog to uncover issues so that we may fix these issues. We fully understand there is no perfect dog.
- Dog Handler Training: Knowledge must flow down the leash, not up it. Therefore, each handler must be taught and tested in the skills required to apply in the field. Without being taught the knowledge, the handler will fail, but without the handler being tested, they will never know how strong they are, and they will never grow. Our handler training is developed around this principle.
Core Training Values
Each of our courses is developed with a Core Value System to ensure that each dog and student is trained to apply what they learn in “real life. These Core Values include:
- Teach on a developed curriculum that is thought out and designed to maximize training time and potential.
- Include a manual with the full details on what will be trained.
- Provide a full warranty.
- Ensure record keeping of each course to reduce liability.
- The fill-in-the-blank test requires us to teach the material and the student to learn it.
- Practical exercises that test each student in the field with the mindset of uncovering problems in training.